Old 13-03-2006, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Does anyone know the best way to remove green algae from mydecking?????

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 13/3/06 12:20, in article , "Martin
Brown" wrote:

snip

And using much larger volumes of pure drinking water with brute force is
probably at least as environmentally damaging as using a wetting agent.

If you can live with the smell for a while, spraying the decking with a
dilute solution of Jeyes fluid (or a real algicide) will work. Decking
is not a great choice in the UK since it rains too much. My N facing
paving always gets coated in green algae during the winter months.

I haven't tried it myself but I think there's a danger that the grain of the
wood would get lifted by the power spray

Ummmm .......doesn't the grain go all the way throught the planks ?
Jenny :~)