Old 13-03-2006, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default *** UK.REC.GARDENING NEEDS YOUR HELP PLEASE! ***

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 13/3/06 18:18, in article , "michael

adams"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 13/3/06 17:46, in article
, "Bob
Hobden"
wrote:

snip
Must be a Hoax, this is an unmoderated newsgroup. Probably uses some

ISP
that doesn't like newsgroups instead of "news.individual.net" which we

both
use.

It's probably one of the morons who is currently bombarding this

newsgroup
with yet more nonsense posts.

On News.individual at least a load of posts appeared and were
then deleted within around ten minutes - a line appeared through
them in the message window.

Although it was still necessary to reset the group (in OE at least)
to get rid of them all.

I use Entourage which is the Mac version of OE, I believe. Please tell me
how to do that! Wanadoo is hopeless with this sort of thing. None of the
techies appear to know the first thing about newsgroups and freely admit
they aren't trained in any way to deal with newsgroup queries.

I'll use letters.

a) go to your main NewsReader window.

b) In the left hand pane, Right Click on the uk.rec.gardening
folder.

A menu should appear

c) Select [Properties]

d) Click on the [Local File] tab at the top of the dialogue box.

e) click on the [reset] button. Then close that box.

f) Then from the main menu along the top of the main Window, select [Tools]

g) And then select [ Get the next 300 (or whatever) Headers ]

michael adams

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon