Old 13-03-2006, 09:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Powerless Agronomist

Default DDT or NO DDT?

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
James wrote:
This may be off topic but considering the chemical vs organic
arguement, I think it should be included here.

A google of DDT and death will result in articles such as

http://info-pollution.com/moreddt.htm

I think we can have an interesting discussion after reading several of
those articles. Is DDT more harmful than useful?

DDT would be great for eradicating malaria. IMHO, malaria is the reason
Africa is a backwards continent that never will amount to much. If they
could beat malaria, Africa could join the 20th century -- or maybe even
the 21st. g

DDT is relatively non-toxic to humans, and it doesn't take much to spray
the inside walls of houses to kill the mosquitoes.

Developed countries that have already beaten malaria can get by without
DDT. We tend to use way too much pesticides in general.

Best regards,
Bob

DDT is relatively non-toxic to humans, and it doesn't take much to spray
the inside walls of houses to kill the mosquitoes??? where are you living,
it causes defects at unborned child at pregnant women at least, better
think how to with draining the swamps, making local enviroment non
suitable for mosquitos or something else, bann the DDT.