Old 14-03-2006, 01:43 AM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Default Pond shelters

I used to have a link to do it yourself green house and other shelter
frames. This company sold the connecting fittings that adapated say
PVC pipe to a ridge board of pressure treated lumber. They had base
supports that attached to wood like landscape timbers etc that
accepted PVC uprights, and then they sold a heat shrink plastic film
that was virtually indestructable.. They used commonly available
zippers for door ways. You can buy them in most big box builder stores
in the USA like Home Depot. Its a pressure sensitve adhesive strip on
a sort of heavy duty zip lock baggies type seal called a zip lock
zipper. You peel the paper off the zipper, and apply to where you want
the doorway, then unzip the zipper, and slit the plastic between
zipper halves, and presto you have a zippered doorway..About 7 bucks
in HOme depot. Works fine on plastic sheeting as well as the heat
shrink stuff. I know a few of my friends in another web forum have
bought and used the green house fittings for pvc / lumber to construct
green houses and shelters etc and they still use em after a 3 or 4
years, the stuff does not tear up that easy. I fyou give it some
thought, the heat shrink panels cana be made in sections so it can be
saved after use, or else just buy plastic sheeting or new heat shrink
the next time. The heat shrink stuff only needs to be exposed to
sunlingt for a few hours and warmed up and it pulls tight, but not to
the poiint it buckles PVC uprights, and double faced tape is used to
fasten the edges in place, buy folding it around the PVC pipes and
hold it in place with the double faced tape.. Seems to work fine.
--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....