Old 14-03-2006, 01:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ol' Duffer

Default daffodil blooms that never open fully

In article .com,
says...
i have a few daffodils in my garden that always get to that 'almost
open' stage, then the blooms never open. It's as if the blooms are too
heavy and their heads droop over. Any ideas?

This seems to be a common problem with certain doubles.
Too damp the bud rots, too hot it bakes. And if they do
open, they don't last long because of high evaporation
from excessive surface area. The shovel takes care of
plants that don't do well in my climate...