Old 14-03-2006, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Is anybody there ( 22.20 hrs ref point)

June Hughes wrote:
After a quick scan, it looked to me as though someone there was telling
La Puce off for replying to trolls. Perhaps I missed the bit where they
may or may not have talked about flooding this ng. How on earth would
anyone find that particular thread without doing a Google Groups search
for La Puce? That is a very sad activity to indulge in. Could it be
that they are trying to lay the blame for the flooding on her? I am
certainly glad I only post to two groups or people may be spying on me
too. Come to think of it, they probably already have.

Gawd I had enough of this .... June, read on and let it be done with
once and for all.

In the early 1990s I joined demon.local and posted there for years and
years. We had a few self appointed sig.bunnies - our rules, beside
beleiving in the camel that doesn't exist was to have a compliant sig.
of 4 lines or less. Those with a non compliant sig were picked upon and
thrown out. This was and still is a very robust group. I made many
friends and we have met many times and I am still in touch with many.

A couple of years ago I made a great friend, called ah, who lives in
Virginia. He is a landscape designer and creates the most amazing
gardens. At first everyone replied to him, ask Andyw here - he's been
in demon with me since the beginning. There was no problems until we
started getting flooded by 3 individuals and we had our fair share of
weirdos. Last summer ah got involved with some trolls, to which three
characters from demon were trying to battle with. I say 'trying'
because there's a fine line between saying to a troll 'stop posting'
and starting a conversation as a result of the post. Sadly, all the
sig. bunnies kept nagging the trolls - it was fun for them but all they
did is create even more flooding. The trick is not to reply. Here, we
can see Janet constantly replying which is a really bad idea indeed. I
left it to the boys ... I don't really like confrontation - that is
unless you try to hurt me and then I'll ripost, I will.

However, ah and I became close and exchanged presents and I posted to
him and him to me. We are planning a trip there next April. I went away
in June from the group who by then became totally flooded and I got fed
up with the racial abuse, the homophobia etc. I felt demon had changed
a lot and I didn't like it anymore.

At the end of August I dealt with 2 death of close friends as well as a
demon local member. I posted to the group and convinced ah to tell one
troll to pipe it down as he was becoming abusive. I then started
replying to Tony because he kept telling me to stop posting to ah. I
kept refusing.

I was told in September to stop posting to ah by Tony. a) ah had and
always had a compliant sig., b) he became a friend and not only to me
and c) he is really funny, intelligent etc. So I refused. Rules are
rules. In the meantime two characters kept posting to him, including
Pedt actually. I suggested the unfairness of it all - but it didn't go
down well. Ah was then replying to a lot of trolls, cascading etc. I
kept saying that this wasn't my business and my business was to reply
to ah when he addressed me. I didn't like him for this, but for the
posts we exchanged which were about mostly gardening, dry wall
building, food, plants and dogs etc. In the meantime, perhaps 5 of the
bunnies started replying to a guy who I knew was a troll. I pointed
this out but they said he wasn't. If you pip into demon local now, you
will see that the troll has now completely taken over with a bunch of
kids from the States.

I've managed to keep in touch as we are meeting next month in memory of
our lost friend where his widow will scater his ashes in Cumbria. I
hope I'll be able to get there.

This has never ever been anything to do with me. I don't take part in
cascading, I don't take part in responding to trolls because I know how
they work etc. As a proof, look in this forum and show me somebody
where and when I have cascading, when I have replied to troll, when I
have been abusive without reason etc.

I'm nice, I play nice and get out when I need to get out. I obey the
rules and enjoy the company.

When we lost a friend who died of leukemia and a troll started
impersonnating him, I started posting again because Jennie, his widow
couldn't cope. It was heart breaking to see her having to read all the
garbage. We tried to help her sorting herself out with the technicality
of her emails etc. Then Tony (Rachel's husband from the clematis
nursery) told me that I had written hundreds of emails to ah (who in
turn was posting to the chap impersonnating our lost friend). I said I
had been very busy for the most part of the summer last year and anyway
had left the country and therefore couldn't have written all those
alledge emails. Then the game of 'telling the truth' poped out. It was
a game. By end of December of course I had written lots of email ....
but when Tony first speculated is was only a handful.

The game also is that when I come on, demon wakes up and that happened
many time before. You get comment like 'the good old days are back'
'I'll put the kettle on' etc. We've always had huge rows in demon -
that's the group.

So, I would suggest that before any further crap comes up regarding my
14 years exchange with demon local, Janet and her groupies stop and
read from perhaps the beginning. If you wish I can also forward emails
from many demon local members telling me the unfairness of the battle
and more to the point to 'keep posting'.

The situation of demon local is due to Neil Barker, Craig Oldfield and
Chris Hill who have constantly ignated trolls, abusing them, stalking
them, critisised them etc. They have done this because the group shrank
down, because they refused new comers and called anyone a troll, very
much as Janet is doing. What they didn't realised is that it will
totally sink the group. Which it has.

Janet's vendetta towards me has to stop. And stop right now.

La Puce.