Old 14-03-2006, 03:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Claire Petersky

Default Beans and Onions: Too Close for Comfort?

"Puckdropper" wrote in message
reenews.net...

My Gramma said when she planted sweet and regular potatoes next to each
other she got some that were orange in places and white in others. It
was real strange...

Potatoes are remarkably promiscuous. What comes up now -- I haven't
deliberately *planted* a potato in a long time -- is a hybrid of russet,
yukon gold, and german butterball. It's a yellow-fleshed potato with a rough
brown exterior, although exactly how yellow or how rough the skin is depends
on where you're digging them up.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky