Old 14-03-2006, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Mac help needed:was *** UK.REC.GARDENING NEEDS YOUR HELPPLEASE! ***

On 14/3/06 1:41 pm, in article , "michael
adams" wrote:

Sasha, according to an "expert", on a mac eudora group

quote

In the group list, select the group. (Click on it, so it is hilited)
In the "News" menu, select "Mark Read". (or command-M)
Then all messages are considered to have been read, so in the future
you will see only newly-posted messages.

Unhappily, that doesn't work, either. I've had them all marked as "Read"
for ages but their 'ghosts' are still there. Under 'View', I can select
"View Unread Messages Only", which is what I have been doing. But that
means you can't refer back through other posts in a thread if you've already
read them. I am sure I'm being very stupid about this and that there must
be a way to clear read messages off my screen but I can't find the way to do
it. It's never been an issue before so I'm not sure where to start.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk