Old 15-03-2006, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default Lighting Struggles

In article ,
Koi-Lo wrote:
I'm planning my first planted tank (well, fully planted tank - I've
always had some plants in previous tanks) and I'm really struggling to
work out how to supply the lighting I need. I'm going for a 2ft tank
and the only plant I'm absolutely hooked on growing is Riccia, because
I adore that grass like look.

===========
Riccia isn't grasslike. It's more like a tangled ball of green stuff. :-)

Well, while not a plant with grass-like leaves it does look very
lawnlike when planted i this way. Aquatic mosses are easier to get
and deal with though.

I wish I could find the real thing but no one here carries it. Twice I
ordered it online and twice I received lichen which dies underwater. They
sent it complete with tiny twigs and pine needles still in it. Needless to
say I don't order plants from the net anymore.

Most online vendors are reputable. Lichen isn't Riccia by any stretch. Twigs
and pine needles means it was grown outdoors, not uncommon in the US.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net