Old 12-03-2003, 04:56 PM
paghat

Default Cyclamen Notes

In article ,
(Allview) wrote:

I don't know the scientific name of what I have. They are called fall
cyclamen. I heard that they would spread so I put in 5 bulbs here and 5 bulbs
there.

Well, they make me laugh. These delicate looking tiny plants don't look like
they should be there in the fall. They are little patches of pink fairy
flowers as Mad would call them.

Marilyn in Ohio

I'm sure you have Cyclamen hederifolium, the best & toughest autumn
bloomer. Its leaves are much more pointed & arrow-like than other
cyclamens (others are either oval or scalloped oval), & always very
ornately mottled.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl: