Old 15-03-2006, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Holly, in France

Default Is there ANYTHING....

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
The message .com
from "La Puce" contains these words:

Mulch. There.

Won't work, see other reply.

Mulch and mulch after putting whatever new you need to
put there. The salix could then be coppiced ... and you could offer
basket making workshops to your customers. A new business )

Basket making, you must be joking! I am helping run a building business,
looking after the house, the gite, four children, two horses, a dog, a
swimming pool, a garden and a polytunnel, cutting a couple of acres of
grass and trying to keep the rest of the place in some sort of order!
Maybe when I retire :-)

Just so long as it's not crack willow, and something like S.
viminalis.

I'm not at all sure about this willow idea, but it's a thought. Do you
know of a weeping type willow which doesn't grow very big? The only ones
I have seen are ornamental ones allowed to grow and chopped off at the
top so that they weep from there. Nice in the right situation but not
suitable for here, I need something natural looking.

--
Holly, in France
Gite to let in Dordogne, now with pool.