Old 15-03-2006, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lazarus Cooke

Default Bees as a 'feature'

In article , JanieB
wrote:

I would love to keep a beehive at the end of the garden but feel that it
would go down like a lead balloon with my neighbours.

When I first began beekeeping, I asked my teacher about this. there are
two answers:

1 - they need never know. Really. Keep the hive hidden from sight and
there's a fair chance that none of the neighbours will ever find out.
You can also, of course, keep the hive in a shed with a way out, facing
in the right direction, at the top.

2 - A present of a jar of honey does wonders. Many people are really
interested.