Old 15-03-2006, 07:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
Callen Molenda

Default I have to move! :-(

Well, my stepfather just informed me that he is selling the family farm,
where we've lived for years. Forget figuring how I'm going to deal with all
the four-legged beasties, what am I going to do with my PLANTS????

I refuse to leave all my beautiful acquisitions, many with personal memories
of the long-gone friends who gave them to me, to the attentions of a new
owner. I don't know when I am going to move, and I'm concerned about doing
it in a way that will least traumatize my plants. My gardens are huge so
there is no way I intend to move everything, but some of everything is what
I'm aiming for.

Can anyone recommend a comprehensive site for determining the best way to
approach moving my stuff? I have everything from grasses to small trees to
rosebushes to euphorbias, and I need to get some sense of how to handle
their respective moves, depending on what time of year this occurs. Does
this make sense?

Oh, and I'll remain in the same zone.

Any input would be appreciated.

Callen in VA