Old 15-03-2006, 05:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Penelope Periwinkle

Default DDT or NO DDT?

On 14 Mar 2006 19:21:57 -0800, "James" wrote:

Please read

http://dwb.unl.edu/Teacher/NSF/C06/C...icals/ddt.html

It concludes DDT is not as harmful as claimed and it's more effective
against malaria than alternatives AND cheaper.

Well, yeah. I can find about a dozen or so web sites that claim that,
just as I can find a dozen or so that claim DDT will end! all! life!
as we know it.

I realize I put a large spiky burr up your butt and wounded your pride
by trouncing your flabberings about the difficulties and futility
organic gardening. I suspect that's what that cross-posting nonsense
to a Scottish group was about the other night, you wanted help from
your friends. And I realize that you're not especially interested in
balance, just in winning; but you really should have explored the web
site I posted.

The International Development Research Centre's a really interesting
organization created by the Canadian government, and they are, among
other things, helping countries test and establish malaria control
programs that really do take cultural and biological idiosyncrasies of
each area into account.

Here, look again

http://www.idrc.ca/en/ev-5460-201-1-DO_TOPIC.html

Explore a little, it's really interesting.

Anybody from Canada here know much about this organization? A quick
google didn't turn up much of anything about it, but I've really
wasted a lot time cruising their site. It's fascinating reading, and
I'd be crushed if it was all a bunch of hooey.

Maybe some of you are interested in following up the cites, poke holes
and report back to us. You know I'm too lazy to considering I even
sleep through classes.

Tsk...such bitterness!

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"