Old 15-03-2006, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default My new website

"Jonathan" wrote in message

Hello, I am writing to you all for a bit of advice, I am 21 years old
and having finished university and joined the family business, I am
trying to bring it into the 21st century with the use of the internet,
I have recently setup a new website in which I aim to deliver stone
products direct to your door from our quarry, missing out the middle
man thus providing great value for money.

Hello. On your website I notice you sell 2 classes of pebbles
you describe as pea gravel. I've bought various diameters of pea
gravel and or pea shingle both for the garden and pot drainage,
and in tiny sizes for dressing cacti. I always assumed it was
called pea gravel because it was complete stones and roughly pea -
or rounded shape.

First up, Wickes sell small diameters of what I'd call small broken
shingle - stones broken into bits, which they've been calling pea
shingle for years now. And I notice some funny shaped stones in
your pea gravel pictures on your website..

So what precisely, is pea gravel, or pea shingle, please ?

michael adams

Jonathan