Old 15-03-2006, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default Can I dig up snowdrops?

In message . com, La
Puce writes

June Hughes wrote:
They are quite tough. Wait until they have finished flowering and died
off, then dig them up. Bas digs ours up every year and they have not
come to any harm in 21 years. (He claims to hate gardening but does all
the back-breaking hard work in our garden before I do the enjoyable
stuff, which he isn't interested in.

Would this be the same for bluebells? I have more this year and I'd
like to move a clump further along.

We have never moved our bluebells, although they have had some very
rough treatment from dogs, cats etc. I shouldn't think they would come
to any harm but someone else may know better. I have to say, we had
someone with a rotovator three years ago on the raised bed which has
been their home for probably 50 years and he did some awful things to
them, which didn't harm them at all.
--
June Hughes