Old 15-03-2006, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default cant identify a bulb?

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Rupert writes

Some sort of *Allium* perhaps?

God, if they are get them out quick, I put some alliums in the front bed
and they have gone berserk, all over the place and choking other bulbs,
even the tiny little bulbils flower and grow. I keep digging them out as
weedkiller didn't work and yet there are still more shoots coming up
............ and yes they do stink of onions.

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Sounds like you got one of the rampageous sorts--wild garlic perhaps.
The larger ones are fairly well behaved and spectacular in a sort of "in
your face" manner.