Old 16-03-2006, 01:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R

Default Boxed Perennials

cereal_bol wrote:
Hello - I just purchased some boxed day lilies (roots boxed in peat?)...
Anyway, I was wondering what the best method is for starting these. Is it
best to start them in pots, indoors? Or, can they be planted outdoors? I
live in Denver, CO, zone 5 I believe.

Thx

You should plant them outside and now is a good time to do that. Be
sure that you allow a good amount of room between plants. Depending on
the variety they will grow and spread quite a bit.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening Since 1969