Old 12-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default yellowing

Kcristy wrote:
substrate. And since most of us don't have the capability to measure most
nutrients we just have to experiment with what we add until we get the right
balance.

But I don't fertilize much... Actually, I haven't been measuring the
weekly doses of Fluorish and Fluorish Iron lately, I just eyeball them.
I'll skip them this week and start measuring next week.

The reason, btw, that slow growing plants will be poisoned while fast
growers are ok is that the fast growers can put out leaves quickly enough to
dilute the effect of receiving the excess nutrient while the slow growers just
build up the nutrient in their stores until it becomes toxic.

That makes sense.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv