Old 12-03-2003, 08:02 PM

Default Prickly matter

Thanks Paul (and Janet too).

Looks like I may have to decide whether to lose that holly then or
rethink my plans.

At least I have time to decide - we are having some building work
done, so there'll be no major garden overhaul until that's finished,
so it'll probably be this time next year.

Sam

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:56:21 +0000 (UTC), "Paul Kelly"
wrote:

wrote in message
Hi,

My seconf problem is a holly tree, about 6 foot tall which is just
where I dont want it. I would like it in the front garden but am
concerned about the practicalities of diggin it up and moving it (we
have a garage is can be carried though) withou getting our hands, arms
and faces scratched to pieces. Any suggestions.

holly is notorious for not liking to be transplanted - it put down a deep
tap root which you break on digging out.

pk