Old 12-03-2003, 08:02 PM
Alastair J. Smith

Default Mountfield mowers

First off I must state that I work for Honda.

Mountfield as a British company no longer exists, so if you have a
Mountfield mower that you've had for 20 years you cannot compare it to
anything available today. It is part of a European consortium called GGP
owned by an investment bank (UBS I think) and the machines are either made
in Italy or Scandinavia. The build quality is not the same as it was.

Hayter is also owned by an investment company (Chinese called Summersong)
but still produce in the UK (except for electric mower - Chinese) Their
mowers are of good quality.

Honda produce their machines in France. Their are of the same quality as
Hayter with more better options, and feature the most reliable and easiest
to start engine. But don't take my word for it, contact your local
independent dealer and ask him which engine is the easiest to start.

"Rocket" wrote in message
Hi group,

Does anyone here rate Mountfield rotary mowers with the rear roller,

either
push or self-propelled for professional use or should I be looking at

Honda
or Hayter?

--
Rocket