Old 12-03-2003, 08:47 PM
Rob Halgren

Default OK...Indoors it is I guess-more questions...

Remember that the MH bulb will give off a lot of heat and may overheat your
4x4 area if it's totally closed off. You will also need to consider a fan
for air movement.

You may want to consider one of the light fixtures that have both MH and HPS
in the same unit. Together I believe they would be about 500W. I've never
used them but found the concept very interesting.

What he said. I don't know that I've seen a dual fixture at less
than 800W though. Never been dissatisfied with my MH lights. I don't
like HPS because the color doesn't seem natural. My friend's son used
to call them 'devil lights'. Out of the mouths of babes...

Take a look at what Rob Halgren is doing (he has a message below) and get
some ideas about what is working for him.

Thanks for the props... See my web page for links.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit