Old 16-03-2006, 07:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

Default I have to move! :-(

"Callen Molenda" wrote in message

Well, my stepfather just informed me that he is selling the
family
farm, where we've lived for years. Forget figuring how I'm
going
to deal with all the four-legged beasties, what am I going to
do
with my PLANTS????

I refuse to leave all my beautiful acquisitions, many with
personal
memories of the long-gone friends who gave them to me, to the
attentions of a new owner. I don't know when I am going to
move,
and I'm concerned about doing it in a way that will least
traumatize my plants. My gardens are huge so there is no way I
intend to move everything, but some of everything is what I'm
aiming for.

Can anyone recommend a comprehensive site for determining the
best
way to approach moving my stuff? I have everything from
grasses to
small trees to rosebushes to euphorbias, and I need to get some
sense of how to handle their respective moves, depending on
what
time of year this occurs. Does this make sense?

Oh, and I'll remain in the same zone.

Any input would be appreciated.

Callen in VA

Move them while they are dormant or pot them up while they are
dormant.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5