Old 15-03-2006, 11:32 PM posted to rec.ponds
Daniel Morrow

Default Aqua Ecolizer thingie

Bottom posted.
Roy wrote:
Well how many ran out and bought this new so called fandangled
contraption, which will alighn the molecules in the water with the
poles of the magnetic fields and wipe out algae and make your water
Gin clear in three days........

Sort of like that contraption you clamap around your fuel liines that
contains magnets to realign the molecules in the gasoline so they flow
better and burn better.......yea right!

All it is, is a piece of PVC pipe with adapters on each end, with a
few magenets glued inside over which water passes.......

A few folks have went out on the limb in some various web based forums
to buy it and use it on their aquariums, and a few even are trying it
on their ponds, but so far no real feedback as to its usefullness
other than making a dent in the wallet. I myself am pretty skeptical.
Remember when wearing magnets supposedly cured everything that ailed
you......magenet bracelets, inserts for shoes, magnetic bands for
knees, backs etc etc..........I have my druthers as to its claims
beinbg what they are, but it may be interesting to see other folks
assessments of this item over time.

Sounds like the device that came out around 1990 that ran electric current
through aquariums that supposedly eliminated water changes and the fish
supposedly would never get sick. That device was hammered by the aquarium
magazines at the time as hocus pokus (less slick than an illusion like what
we call "magic" nowadays) and it never had significant success in the
aquarium equipment industry and it never surfaced. People STILL buy those
magnetic bracelets, etc.., I think I saw some for sale on the home shopping
network in the us recently, and maybe even qvc. The way I look at it about
the magnetic bracelets, etc. is that if the rich want to buy them that's
fine with me, but don't they dare try to force me to buy hocus pokus junk
like that in any way! Good luck and later!