Old 12-03-2003, 11:36 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Mountfield mowers

Strangely enough my rear roller mower is called 'Harry'.
Wierd, but that is what it says on the grass shield at the back :-)
AFAIK it is made in Ireland, and it has done well now for several years -
always starts easily and cuts well.
Don't know if they are generally available, but it was cheaper that a
Mountfield or Hayter and recommended locally.
It has a different arrangement for the grass chute at the back and so is
less likely to stall with a full grass bag in wet grass - allegedly.

[Just Googled and found http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/cgi/ss000002.pl so they
are available :-)]

HTH
Dave R

"Rocket" wrote in message
Hi group,

Does anyone here rate Mountfield rotary mowers with the rear roller,

either
push or self-propelled for professional use or should I be looking at

Honda
or Hayter?

--
Rocket