Old 16-03-2006, 01:46 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Mitch Amiano

Default Life artichokes anyone?

Many thanks. Hopefully, that's a good way to get a head start.

(I note that the plants they have are also grown from seed, not
reproduced vegatatively, so these seedlings are also likely to be
subject to the ~20% poor producer rule. I wonder why so many writers of
articles suggest that the readers buy plants vegatatively propagated
from good producers, when it seems virtually impossible to find a
supplier? )

Jo wrote:

Mitch Amiano wrote:

Anyone know where to find live artichoke plants or stumps?
I've looked around quite a bit... never seen any locally and can't
find any sources on-line.
(I am trying/have tried to grow from seed, but so far my plants have
been pitiable.)

http://www.naturalgardening.com/cgi-...roup=artichoke

I use them and seeds of change. I tried the seeds as well and only one
looks like it will do anything. This year I am doing the plants as well.

Jo