Old 16-03-2006, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert

Default planting tomotoes in hanging baskets

Can someone give me some advice on planting tomotoes in hanging
baskets. I'm growing some tumbling tom seeds and once they have grown
to a big enough size and frosts have gone etc I want to plant them up
into hanging baskets.

So

What sort of hanging basket should I use , what should I line it with
paper, moss, coir ?

How many plants to a hanging baskets ?

Do I plant them through the side or in the top ?

I'm also growing Marigolds , should I put some of these in with the
toms ?

Are there any other companion plants that would be good with these toms
in the baskets ?

Cheers

Colin