Old 16-03-2006, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default filtering pest(s) with agent newsreader ?

On 16/3/06 12:50, in article , "madgardener"
wrote:

"Dave P" wrote in message

wrote in message

Has anyone had any luck filtering the nonsense posts using the agent
newsreader? It allows one to filter on subject and author; I cannot
find any other criteria to filter this/these pests out.

I am using a filter to delete all posts over 60 lines in length. This gets
95% of them.

Dave

hmmmmmmmmmm......so that means you deleted me Dave (sniff sniff)
madgardener

Sadly, I think that's going to apply to a few of us for a while, Maddy. It's
a nuisance and a shame but if some inadequate thinks this is a good use of
their time, we'll have to combat it somehow. I get this mental pic of some
pimply, pasty-faced youth crouched over a computer thinking how 'clever'
they are. Poor thing.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk