Old 16-03-2006, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Woodland Plant / weed ID please.

Des Higgins wrote:
http://www.aphotoflora.com/Arum%20ma...or15-03-05.jpg
http://www.the-tree.org.uk/Enchanted...sandladies.htm

The flowers are very characteristic when they come out (bizarre phallic
looking things in hoods) but the leaves are very obvious as well (just like
in the link above); they are about the size of your hand.
It is a native woodland plant.

The shape of the leaf of the OP pic bears no resemblance to the arum
leaves. I have a few myself and the leaf in the picture doesn't look
like the one the OT sent. The OT mentioned also 'black' spots. The
usual colours of spots on arums are lighter than the leaves and are
generally from light yellow to darker green.

Having said that I haven't got a clue what it is. Looks like the leaf
is cup shaped - like the morning glory or convolvulus.