Old 16-03-2006, 03:02 PM posted to misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening
Sheldon Harper

Default Ping Puce (was Looking for Ways to Annoy the Neighbors)

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in
:

Another dumb Yank who doesn't know that the US was a dumping ground for
UK convicts before the War of Independence!

Your presumptions are once again in error. Even today the mindset
shows up clearly in Georgia and spills over into the Carolinas.

But I'd be only too happy if there was any criminals in my ancestry.
The records for genealogists on the convicts who came to Aus are
exceptional and it's also fashionble to have a convict ancestor. My lot
came here at a minimum of 10 years after the end of the convict era.

Criminals traveled then just as they do today. The convict era
might not have anything to do with the mentality you inherited,
but your gang oriented criminal mentality is obvious. All you've
demonstrated is that you descend from an even lower criminal
class than the Brits transported.

When one has nothing to take pride in, as is your case, you'll
grab for anything. You're pathetic.