Old 16-03-2006, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
James Fidell

Default planting tomotoes in hanging baskets

Sacha wrote:

We tried growing Lobelia with them one year, just for the colour effect but
found that one took too much from the other, so now plant the tomatoes on
their own. I think you could try some of the small leaved Basil though.
Basil is said to help repel flies but I don't know if it works on other
pests. However, the combination is idea. When picking your toms, you pick
the Basil to go with them! Now if you could just start keeping water
buffalo, you'd have the mozarella, too!

Yeah, but you'd need a *huge* hanging basket.

James