Old 16-03-2006, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Oxymel of Squill

Default planting tomotoes in hanging baskets

Some of my most successful toms last year were sideshoots from greenhouse
plants rooted and grown on in hanging baskets

What sort of hanging basket should I use , what should I line it with
paper, moss, coir ?

............... well mine had newspaper lining, but it wasn't intended for
show

How many plants to a hanging baskets ?

Do I plant them through the side or in the top ?

I'm also growing Marigolds , should I put some of these in with the
toms ?

............... ner, too much competition

and a little plastic spike thingy on a fizzy pop bottle to keep it well
watered