Old 16-03-2006, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dwayne

Default dual fruit trees

I have seen trees advertised as "fruit cocktail" trees and they have
different fruits grafted on one tree. The only thing is that they must have
like seeds (plum/apricot/ and apples/pears). I have never tried any, but my
brother has. He never has very good luck with them. We are in the U.S. so
I cant say what kind of luck you would have.

Dwayne

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message

"Dwayne & Angela" wrote in message
anyone know of a place either in the midlands or mail order where I can

get
a apple and plum or pear and plum? I seem to remember reading about them

but
cant find them have tried googling but no joy. or maybe I was dreaming???

It is not possible to have a single tree with other than all apple, all
pear etc. A single tree can, though, have different varieties of the same
fruit. It was probably this that you read.
Best Wishes Brian.