Old 16-03-2006, 11:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill

Default Growing Bell Peppers

In article .com,
says...
Hi everyone! I'm new to the group, and well, new to Google groups.

This is not a Google Group. It is a Usenet Newsgroup. You are only
accessing it though Google's urine poor web interface.

I'm having a lot of fun, finding that these groups are very imformative
and easy to use.

I am starting a Bell Pepper patch for this year's garden. I've started
the seeds indoors (Karma - Red, Golden Summer - Yellow, Valencia
(Orange) and Peppper Parks Whopper), but I don't have much expereince
in caring for the plants once they get planted outside. Can anyone
point me to a good website with some good 'growing' and 'care for'
instructions? I'm mostly looking for watering, fertilizing, and
staking tips and just over all 'caring for the plant' tips.

http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/veggies/peppers1.html

Googling will produce others.

Also, is anyone famillar with the Karma Red Bell Pepper? I live in the
mid-west... What kind of a yield can I expect to see from one plant and
is this the best kind of Red bell to grow or is there a better kind?
I've listed the four varieties that I'm growing (Red, Yellow, Orange
and Green). It's not too late for me to start different kinds -- are
the the best varieties of bells to grow?

Thanks!!

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.