Old 17-03-2006, 01:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
enigma

Default I have to move! :-(

Bill wrote in
:

In article ,
says...

snip
Why not just buy the farm? Might be easier. Or perhaps
just that
part of the farm that your plants reside on?

Bill

Well, it was just appraised at over $1 million....

And the mention of buying (my) part of it immediately
raised unexpected (although they shouldn't have been
unexpected) reactions from future beneficiaries of monies
generated by the sale.

Callen in VA

Well, I guess the lesson there is never invest in land you
don't
own. Others here have had some good suggestions for your
plight.

As a further thought, the "future beneficiaries" may
object to your
removing the plants because it may affect the sale value of
the land.

i seriously doubt that. a farm appraised at one million is
going to a housing developer & all those plants will be
bulldozed. the future beneficiaries are short-sighted morons.

In a similer situation I was told 'He who owns the land,
owns the
plants, no matter who bought and planted them'. You may
need to check your legal standing in this situation.

i'm pretty sure the plants will be better off if they go to a
new home, rather than stay. the small trees will be the most
difficult to move successfully. i'd be stocking up on 1 & 5
gallon pots and sticking things in as i could, starting as
soon as possible.

I know my Christmas Card list would have just gotten a bit
shorter.

that's for sure!
lee

--