Old 17-03-2006, 05:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve

Default Different colored blooms on Cattleya

Nancy G. wrote:
Steve wrote:

Here's my guess. Maybe you can tell me I'm not right but.... I bet that
by the end of the week, all the flowers will have white petals and the
chartreuse will be gone. Is there any chance that the first flowers
passed through the chartreuse stage before you noticed them?

Okay, went in to look at the plants, and Steve, you were right. The
second pair of blooms were white with fuchsia lip. The first two
blooms seemed to take forever to open, and probably had time to turn
white before fully opened. The second opened while the weather was
clear and warmer in my growing room and probably opened faster.

Thanks,

Nancy

Ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaah! ;-)