Old 13-03-2003, 01:32 AM
Cereoid+10+

Default Are cool house temps hurting my houseplants?

No. 60 F at night is not too cold for plants. Most plants are adapted to the
night temperature being cooler than that of the day. Doing so is even
necessary for getting certain types like "African Violets" to bloom. As long
as the temperature doesn't go down to freezing, you have nothing to worry
about.

The Wobulator wrote in message
My have my programmable thermostat to set back the temp at night and
during the day. The temp can get as low as 60 F during these times for
up to 6 hrs at a time. Is this hurting my house plants? Thanks.
The Wobulator