Old 17-03-2006, 08:22 AM posted to rec.ponds
kc

Default New Pond about finished.

Wow, that seems a small pond (220 gallons) for fish over 6 inches....
"Roy" wrote in message
Well it had started out to be a 3,500 gal lined pond, that I started
on last year right next to our patio, but then it got put on hold for
a bit, as the wife gave me permission to build a new shop, and to be
honest, the shop would be best situated in that area where the new
pond was going to be.....So filled in the hole, regraded, started to
get list of materials to start on new shop, but it got pushed back on
the back burner, so this past Sunday the wife comes home with a 160
gal preform (I think its a 160 preform or it may be a 220 gal) but
anayhow, she tells me she wants it by the patio and it will fit in
that area between patio and shop projected site, and it will give her
more room for her tropicals.....

Nothing fancey, just a preform with a Mag drive 5 pulling water
through a filter box, and out a bell fountain, with a spitter on the
side, with Black Gamecock iris, canna's, water celery, lilys, and a
few other plants....

It will soon be time around this part to move the tropicals out of the
house and into the water features she has. Its unreal how tropicals
grow when house doutside during the warm months....NOw she is wanting
to bring up her 4 favorite ish from the one large ponds enclosure....2
Wakins and 2 black moors......The wakins are about 6 inches or better,
and the black moors are huge......One wakin has my wifes initials on
its side. On one side it has red scales forming the letter T and on
the other side it has red scaled forming the letter J.......Its really
one odd fish that just happened to have her initials on it. The two
black moors, Hoover and Eureka are just fat pigs, that if they were
able to would set on the couch with her.

I had removed a pond for a lady in town one day last year, and she had
pulled all the fish out and put them in buckets, and the water was
stirred up and murky, so I oculd not get a real good look ata the
fish, but I got all the plumbing, lights, pumps filters etc, and the
fish were a bonus. She said she did not realize it, but there are a
few fish that are kind of deformed, and she did not have the heart to
kill em.....but they were in the buckets, and I shold do what had to
be done with them.

I dumped them all in a QT tank (concrete burial vault) that I have
set up, and those deformed fish were actually Wakins........nothing
deformed, about them at all......

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....