Old 17-03-2006, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Woodland Plant / weed ID please.

ned wrote:
'Don't think it is the Arum lily. They tend to have erect arrow shaped
leaves.
Taking into account the scale of the foreground snowdrops and
cyclamen, I reckon it is more like Lesser Celandine, Ranunculus
ficaria. That can have dark marks on the leaves.
..... see http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk/LesserCelandine.html

Yes, me too. I have some Celandine, which crept out from a pot onto the
ground and is now growing with a few arum, bluebells and digitalis
(very woodlandish on that part of our garden). The leaves of the
celandine look so much like the picture - I know that suggesting
convolvulus (or morning glory) is daft at this time of year, but the
rounded leaves reminded me of it.