Old 17-03-2006, 07:52 PM posted to rec.ponds
Richard Sexton

Default I'm Baaaack...(new waterfall plans)

In article ,
~ janj wrote:
The UVs only been on for a day, so of course, we won;t see any real results
for another few days.

(BTW, will running it during the day only extend it's life?)

I always thought on & off were harder on bulbs, I suspect this is very
possibly so with UV lights, aren't they more like fluorescent?

Two things shoren the life of flourescents. heat and turning them
on and off. LEave it on and keep it cool as you can. Cheap fans help
a lot, they're a buck from a big old nasty box in places that
sell computer parts. You can use a cheap computer power supply
from any computer ever made to run them. Goodwill usually has
$5 computers that ae good for partsa lke this.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net