Old 18-03-2006, 12:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7

Default Home made insecticidal soap for chemical sensitive folks

Oh my, sorry to hear that you have this problem, I damaged my esophagus a year ago,
accidently breathing in exhaust fumes!
You are going to have to go the natural way, using predators, like LadyBugs etc.
Hope you find something.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

mmccaws2 wrote:
Hi Wendy7

It is lung tissue permeability to VOCs. So, depending upon the
chemical, alcohol, aldehydes, benzenes, acetones etc, I will take on
the symptoms as if exposed directly to a strong dose of that chemical.
Symptoms like fatigue, head-aches, dizzy-ness, loss of balance,
breathing restrictions. And depending on the exposure, and I'm
talking about doses that people find annoying when a little old
person slathers it on,lotion, perfume, or fabric spray, I've been
bed-ridden for up to two full days and general discomfort afterwards.
So, I have to find simple solutions like soap and oil, picking off
the bugs, I really can't risk exposure to many of the things that
people are suggesting.

I too have a gas mask like that. I find that even wearing masks with
new cartridges in painted rooms I start sensing significant levels
after 15 minutes or so, and after that they're no good. Part of the
problem is I can't always sense a harmful source till I start
experiencing symptoms. Unfortunately, there is only one true method
of preventing exposure to harmful chemicals and that is don't go into
environments with harmful chemicals.