Old 18-03-2006, 12:53 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gareee©

Default I'm Baaaack...(new waterfall plans)

Oh, MAN! Cleaned out the pond today, and the filter. (milk crate in the pond
type)

It was literally almost SOLID green gunk, and the algea and debris in the
pond were staggering. The pond was actually clear in Novermber, so all this
accumulated in the last few months. (Winter was MUCH more mild then the
norm.)

The water coming out of the new pump was almost solid green, and it was
almost the consistancy of pea soup.. I'm glad I started cleaning early.

The water now is about 9/10ths fresh water, and all the fish, salamanders,
and taddies seem just fine. the water is still VERY green with gunk, so
after a day or so, I'll drain it down again, and add more fresh water.

We divided the iris (never had for 2 years), and from like 4 plants we'll
now have about a dozen!

I'm starting to wonder if the little giant pump will be strong enough for a
small waterfall though.. I hate to buy another new one since I just bought
this last week.

I had planned on starting construction on th ewaterfall/stream today, bu
tthat will have to wait a few days to get this pond nice, clean and clear.

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)