Old 18-03-2006, 01:53 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

Default Cuttings...

In article ,
"meee" wrote:

PS Lavender is very easy to propagate from cuttings.
Keep it moist and it will grow. Now is a good time, going into winter to
propagate this

Would Lavender do ok in the tropics?

No -- it doesn't like humidity. English lavender is marginal in Sydney.
There may be some ornamental lavenders that might grow, but they don't smell
like the English and French types. See what's in your local nurseries (proper
nurseries, not K-Mart or Bunnings. My Bunnings has *raspberry canes* for sale
atm. In Sydney!)

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"... if *I* was buying a baby I'd jolly well make sure it was at
least a two-tooth!"
Mary Grant Bruce, The Houses of the Eagle.