Old 18-03-2006, 10:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

Default What newsreaders do people use?

Kathy, I'll do that. I'm no expert though. It's just that when I mention
newsgroups at our society meetings I get lots of blank looks, with a few who nod
understandingly. So I felt someone had to bite the bullet. Specially since
most of them know far more about orchids than I (*not* false modesty), and a
couple of them could be really helpful here on Aussie orchids if they chose to
be involved. (Oops - I'm thinking of ANOS eligible plants especially, and the
epiphytes/lithophytes in particular. I just realised what a slight the previous
remark was to some of our Aussie contributors from down south.)

The article will be pretty basic - what usenet is & how it works from the user
perspective; what's involved in selecting & accessing newsgroups; what's
involved in setting up a "typical" newsreader - if there's any such thing; a bit
on netiquette.

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:11:53 -0800, "K Barrett" wrote:

Dave, send me a copy of the article when you get it done.

Please, please, please.

K Barrett

"unknown" wrote in message
In article ,
Dave Gillingham wrote:

I'm planning to write an article on the orchid newsgroups, & usenet in
general,
for our society newsletter. What newsreaders do you all like?
Dave Gillingham

mtnewswatcher on a granny smith. does the job ok but has some weird
quirks--for instance, it has made the header list for this group (and
*only* this group) come out in, like, 1 point type. i i swear i didn't
touch any of the settings...

but hey it's free.

--j_a

Dave Gillingham