Old 18-03-2006, 11:33 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

Default Tomato seedlings

Am I the only one in the world who has trouble getting tomatoes beyond the
seedling stages?

They grow fine from seed. Sprout their first seedling leaves as they push
out of the ground. Then just kinda sit there for almost two weeks before
the next set of leaves start pushing out of the plant.

In the meantime, some may just limp over. Some extend there stems too long
to support its own weight. A stiff wind just knocks them down in some
cases. Some take to long to develop the 2nd set of leaves, the primary
leaves fall off, and the plant gives up. Success rate to mature plant is
very low. I've tried 3 varieties of tomatoes, same results each time.

--
Jonny