Old 18-03-2006, 02:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7

Default What newsreaders do people use?

Also Dave, The setting of a false addy, not sure how it's done, I
get help & don't write it down. This stops a tremendous amount of
junk mail. Ever notice if you sign up for a new NewsGroup you start
getting more junk mail.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Dave Gillingham wrote:
Kathy, I'll do that. I'm no expert though. It's just that when I
mention newsgroups at our society meetings I get lots of blank looks,
with a few who nod understandingly. So I felt someone had to bite
the bullet. Specially since most of them know far more about orchids
than I (*not* false modesty), and a couple of them could be really
helpful here on Aussie orchids if they chose to be involved. (Oops -
I'm thinking of ANOS eligible plants especially, and the
epiphytes/lithophytes in particular. I just realised what a slight
the previous remark was to some of our Aussie contributors from down
south.)

The article will be pretty basic - what usenet is & how it works from
the user perspective; what's involved in selecting & accessing
newsgroups; what's involved in setting up a "typical" newsreader - if
there's any such thing; a bit on netiquette.

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:11:53 -0800, "K Barrett"
wrote:

Dave, send me a copy of the article when you get it done.

Please, please, please.

K Barrett

"unknown" wrote in message
In article ,
Dave Gillingham wrote:

I'm planning to write an article on the orchid newsgroups, &
usenet in general,
for our society newsletter. What newsreaders do you all like?
Dave Gillingham

mtnewswatcher on a granny smith. does the job ok but has some weird
quirks--for instance, it has made the header list for this group
(and *only* this group) come out in, like, 1 point type. i i swear
i didn't touch any of the settings...

but hey it's free.

--j_a

Dave Gillingham