Old 18-03-2006, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Graculus

Default Celandine

"H Ryder" wrote in message
how can I get rid of this from my veg patch? How does it spread? And is it
ever used as a green manure? There is so much of it growing that I can't
believe that it has got there naturally.

Evil stuff (IMO), gets everywhere. When I moved to my current house, the
garden was overrun with it. The only way I've found is to dig it out very
carefully, being sure not to lose any of those root nodules. Every one
dropped then grows again next year. I wouldn't try to compost those roots -
they'll just grow in the rich compost around them! The annual battle of
attrition is about to begin, as it rears its ugly head again.