Old 18-03-2006, 10:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
unknown

Default What newsreaders do people use?

In article ,
"K Barrett" wrote:

But once set up I've always been amazed at the number of groups that exist.
When I started (12/95) there were a few thousand groups, like 5000 or so.
Now there are over 12,000 last time I looked.

giga is telling me it has 105,000+ groups listed. but who knows how many
of them are actual live groups anymore...

i used to be acquainted with a woman who started in all this innernet
stuff very early on; she used to download the entire usenet feed every
day (on some 2400 baud modem or something). it took, like, an hour.
when it started taking 24 hours to download 24 hours' worth of postings,
she stopped doing it.

--j_a