Old 19-03-2006, 01:32 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gareee©

Default I'm Baaaack...(new waterfall plans)

"~ janj" wrote in message
Hmmm maybe I don't need the uv on yet then?

You mentioned string algae.. I have quite a bit on the liner and rock in
the
pond.. I've been removing some of it.. should I let it be?

If you've got string algae, using UV should be fine. What is your water
temp? Sounds like your bio-bugs should be waking up with all the
out-of-the-pond plant action going on. ~ jan

I checked today, and the water temp is already 64! (The pond is in full sun
though, because there are no leaves on the trees yet.)

Did anyone ever confirm rid-x jump starts the biobugs? I have it here for my
septic system anyway...

The water is now glass clear, with the exception of a thin silt bottom layer
covering the bottom.

The pump/hose filling system worked just great!

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)