Old 19-03-2006, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default OT Server advice welcomed

"Sacha" wrote in message
oups.com...
Wanadoo has suddenly informed me that it will no longer be providing
newsgroup access. Two alternative newsreaders have been suggested,
both of which require a monthly payment. Needless to say, I will not
be taking up those offers.
However, if I'm going to change ISP, which clearly I need to do, I need
to do so quickly as we are re-printing Nursery literature.

Sacha if whoever is hosting your www.hillhouse(munged.nursery.co.uk.

website offers POP3 mailboxes which they should, then your email
address to print on the brochures should be .

This will say the same whichever provider you choose to host the
website providing they offer POP 3 mailboxes which they all
should.

You should be able to set up a mail account on your computer right
now with
. address and people should
be able to send you emails to that. The "info" is the default
address where the is only one mailbox provided. If there's more
than one then you can call them anyting you like sacha@hill.....
joe@hill ...same as you already do with your garden506 account.

Ask this computer literate relative to explain it all too you
when you see them.

Your website should already have POP3 maiboxes provided.

I would
very much welcome polite suggestions as to which ISP to change to,
bearing in mind that I have a Mac and Broadband.

If you subscribe to News.individual at 10 euros a year, as has been
overwhelmingly endorsed elsewhere there's no need to move anyway.

michael adams

And that I don't want
to find myself in the same boat a few months down the line!
As this is very OT for urg, people may prefer to email me at

TIA for any help winging this way.
--
Sacha
www.hillhouse.nursery.co.uk.